Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red chord replacing rings?

geddy1234

I was wondering if these red chords will give me somewhat the same benefits as training with rings? If the difference between the two is big, I might not use the red chords for now. But they are the only thing I have access to at the moment.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated :)

They will work for any hanging element, levers, german hang ect.

I occasionally use straps for these elements, and what you show is essentially the same.

Of course the grip will be different, you slip your hand through the loop so the is around your wrist. This difference won't affect much if you do get a set of rings later.

Getting on top of the straps, for example in a support is a different matter, the straps have a way of crushing the hands if your hands are in the loop.

The circus straps arial artists have a way of holding the straps for supports, you might look at some you tube videos and try, it does take some grip though, and i don't think you can wrap that short length of strap around your wrist the right way.

• 1 month later...
Archbishop o balance

geddy1234 -

You wouldn't happen to be Norwegian? I haven't seen the redcord advertised elsehwere...

They have this at the gym in my scool, and I use it occasionally for some core work and postural correction. As far as substituting the rings with the redcord, I'd say it works fine for anything that doesn't involve a lot of motion while supporting your entire bodyweight. Depends of course on how much you weigh, but at around 170 lbs I've experienced a bit of slip in the rope, and that could potentially suck pretty bad if you're doing handstands and such. The adjusting ropes can also be a bit bothersome if you have nowhere to hang them, but that's really not much of a problem :)

Used it for spinal decompression today, something I've been thinking about trying for a while, and it felt great! Getting out of it was a bit of a hassle thogh, and I spent about three minutes dangling from the ropes hoping noone would walk in on me :oops:

This reminds me of this video. It was on a thread on another forum about doing pullups if your hands were injured. It is also a way to exercise extensors, you can do body rows starting out.

Ud5KdVxyg0Y