Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Russian Bodybuilder Big Legs Full Planche

iyaites

AmHrXRcrNK4

This is Moscow Bodybuilding Championship.

Look at 1:55 min he is doing full planche , and it looks like he is very strong!

He has not much forward lean and fingers backwards.

Well, his super massive upper body counters his leg weight.

Still ABSURD though... especially at his weight which is probably over 220+ or so.

Wow, that video puts a lot of people's fears/criticisms to rest.

"I won't even bother training for the planche because I/my legs are too big."

"The only reason those guys can do that stuff is because they weight 120 soaking wet."

John Sapinoso

dude, are you freaking serious, is he lighter than he appears on the screen? what the hell!

Outstanding!

Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010 Mar 11. [Epub ahead of print]

The limit to exercise tolerance in humans: mind over muscle?

Marcora SM, Staiano W.

School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences, Bangor University, Normal Site, Holyhead Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PZ, Wales, UK, s.m.marcora@bangor.ac.uk.

In exercise physiology, it has been traditionally assumed that high-intensity aerobic exercise stops at the point commonly called exhaustion because fatigued subjects are no longer able to generate the power output required by the task despite their maximal voluntary effort. We tested the validity of this assumption by measuring maximal voluntary cycling power before (mean +/- SD, 1,075 +/- 214 W) and immediately after (731 +/- 206 W) (P < 0.001) exhaustive cycling exercise at 242 +/- 24 W (80% of peak aerobic power measured during a preliminary incremental exercise test) in ten fit male human subjects. Perceived exertion during exhaustive cycling exercise was strongly correlated (r = -0.82, P = 0.003) with time to exhaustion (10.5 +/- 2.1 min). These results challenge the long-standing assumption that muscle fatigue causes exhaustion during high-intensity aerobic exercise, and suggest that exercise tolerance in highly motivated subjects is ultimately limited by perception of effort.

I've thought about how having a (much) bigger upper body would help me planche and inverted planche.

Watching this guy, it helps my theories. My hands have to be a foot to a foot and a half closer my hips to do that. My balance point is near my pubic symphasis :oops:

Outstanding!

Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010 Mar 11. [Epub ahead of print]

The limit to exercise tolerance in humans: mind over muscle?

Marcora SM, Staiano W.

School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences, Bangor University, Normal Site, Holyhead Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PZ, Wales, UK, s.m.marcora@bangor.ac.uk.

In exercise physiology, it has been traditionally assumed that high-intensity aerobic exercise stops at the point commonly called exhaustion because fatigued subjects are no longer able to generate the power output required by the task despite their maximal voluntary effort. We tested the validity of this assumption by measuring maximal voluntary cycling power before (mean +/- SD, 1,075 +/- 214 W) and immediately after (731 +/- 206 W) (P < 0.001) exhaustive cycling exercise at 242 +/- 24 W (80% of peak aerobic power measured during a preliminary incremental exercise test) in ten fit male human subjects. Perceived exertion during exhaustive cycling exercise was strongly correlated (r = -0.82, P = 0.003) with time to exhaustion (10.5 +/- 2.1 min). These results challenge the long-standing assumption that muscle fatigue causes exhaustion during high-intensity aerobic exercise, and suggest that exercise tolerance in highly motivated subjects is ultimately limited by perception of effort.

What they're talking about is called the central governor model, and it applies to aerobic exercise and not anaerobic exercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_governor

http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Training-Ru ... 897&sr=8-1

I know it was posted more for sentence:" The limit to exercise tolerance in humans: mind over muscle?"

Everyone is always searching the holes why he can't do something, instead of working even harder and don't look I'm to big, to old, not talented enough...

Alvaro Antolinez

I completly agree with you Gregor. I used to think that I had not the genetical capability (I used to think I will be weak no matter what, it was only wrong training all the time) to do some of the gymnastic movements, now thank to BtGB and all off you I´m learning I can reach most of them( ok your level really IS another level :shock: ), is just a matter of time and constant work (not so hard as some people may imagine), and KNOWLEDGE. :D

I know it was posted more for sentence:" The limit to exercise tolerance in humans: mind over muscle?"

Everyone is always searching the holes why he can't do something, instead of working even harder and don't look I'm to big, to old, not talented enough...

Yeah, I train my legs with squatting and deadliting and such, so it was nice to see a planche from someone with humungous legs. And I completely agree with how limiting our minds can be, which is why I appreciate the work ethic and psychies of the top athletes. Genetics alone doesn't make athletes great.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I train my legs with squatting and deadliting and such, so it was nice to see a planche from someone with humungous legs. And I completely agree with how limiting our minds can be, which is why I appreciate the work ethic and psychies of the top athletes. Genetics alone doesn't make athletes great.

roids do!! ahah kidding xD

I'll send that video to my bodybuilder client! He wants to learn gymnastics strength stuff, and asked me if he had to let his legs shrink to be able to do it. I told him: "Are you kidding me? Your legs are awesome, keep them as extra weight, your upper body will only get stronger from it!"

He uses his enormous lats to hold his body up much like normal people use their lats to cheat on back lever. You can tell because his scaps aren't protracted as they should be in a real full planche.

Okay okay just kidding, that was pretty legit.. (although not really a true full planche :P )

That guy is huge! no matter what way you cut it that's pretty amazing, with or without roids.

I think sometimes when it comes to training, or at least how training is argued about over the interwebs, there is often the us vs them or my style better than your style type of mentality that gets injected. bodybuilding vs powerlifting vs gymnastics vs olympic weight lighting vs crossfit ect ect.

in my limited experience you take a top athlete in any of these areas and no matter what way you cut it they are pretty damn strong. I think sometimes body building gets a bad rap, but a lot of these guys are seriously strong. And there is no reason you cannot be very muscular as well as flexible as well as have some of that gymnastic type strength. You only have to look at the old school pics back in the day of dudes who lifted heavy iron, competed in bodybuilding and were capable of many amazing gymnastic feats.

I think it's sad nowadays to see some muscular kid in the gym who can't do a single pull up or even hold a wall handstand and is so inflexible he can't scratch his back. Likewise, it's sad to see people on all these machine in the gym who are scared of squating and deadlifting or picking up some iron.

Yes this guy is on roids, but you don't take some roids grow to that size in a week and then become capable of busting out a full planche. You still have to train your ass off.

just my two cents.

Very Impressive ! For that size its incredible, and very easy move for him. Such a relief and new motivation, because my legs are always be my strongest and biggest part. No fear of leg size any more, just to build enough upper body for planche, of course with specific exercises.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a gymnast before BB and simply kept it up. Notice the girl who did a back walkover or bridge kickover into front splits.

In this country quite a few gymnasts go into BB and I know there have been some other international BB who were formerly gymnasts. Sometimes Rick posts about that on GymnasticsCoaching.com

Yes, that is also possible. His style doesn't seem to be gymnastics, tho. I also know a French gymnast who became a bodybuilder, and an ex-gymnast from Québec who is now a powerlifter and a circus strongman. He's way heavier than 200 lb (I'd say he must be close to 250, he's really huge), and he's got a solid one arm handstand.