Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a little braggadocio

Adriano Katkic

Adriano Katkic

I know, I know, we are all into BtGB cause we want to do stuff, not look good :wink: but my girlfriend took a photo of me recently and I was suprised by the results of 9 months on BtGB program. This is classic before/after footage, before being taken a year and a half ago and after taken a month ago. Enjoy!

before

pict0001lk.jpg

after

dsc00429gjn.jpg

I know, I know, we are all into BtGB cause we want to do stuff, not look good :wink:

Don't listen to people that say this.

Great results man!

Adriano Katkic

thank you, thank you

About the nutrition... I try to eat as clean as I can, but I'm not fanatical about it. I usually have 2 or 3 BIG meals a day; eggs, fish or meat with lots of vegetables. I often use cream to make some of the vegetables tastier. During workouts, a smoothie is a must (1 liter of milk with 2 or 3 different fruits). Sometimes I indulge in pasta, other then that I barely ever eat grains, legumes sometimes (I just LOVE beans). I have a sweet tooth, so I reward myself with little treat every evening after dinner, but I keep it under control. 8)

Very nice, Dontchya just love Gymnastics :D

The newguy who is thinking about posting pictures taken about 1 1/2 years ago when I looked like a twig, and now pictures :wink:

• 10 months later...
Adriano Katkic

Just had to revive this thread to brag a little ( :twisted: :twisted: ) more! Looking at the last year's picture and now picture, I can hardly believe what happened. The transformation is awesome! And I'm even not that strong and I progress rather slowly. I have to admit that I got into BtGB to learn how to do things others can't, but looking like this is awesome. It's like I have a visual confirmation that all the hard work payed off. So this is me, few months short of two yerars on BtGB:

dsc00853cm.jpg

Awesome Posts!

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks now whether to keep on training GB style or join a Gym again.

While I enjoy training this way far more than weighttraining, I am afraid that I might not be able to achieve the physique I am striving for by doing the WODs.

However, this Thread is making me a bit more optimistic. :D

Adriano Katkic
just wondering do you follow your own workout schedule, or do you mainly follow the wods?

SSC for statics with wods afterwards

Awesome Posts!

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks now whether to keep on training GB style or join a Gym again.

While I enjoy training this way far more than weighttraining, I am afraid that I might not be able to achieve the physique I am striving for by doing the WODs.

I'm glad that my progress motivates you! In my humble opinion, GB system is THE top notch program available to fitness enthusiasts, producing an all-around fitness not comparable to other commercial programs. Since Coach is trying to build a community around this site, I think we as members ought to contribute to it, hence posting this pictures in Community sub-forum. If it takes a few half naked pictures of me (LOL) to convince you that GB is the way to train, so be it!

As a side note, I've found that being really strong gives me a lot more self confidence than just being big. A lot more.

Rafael David

If I show my photos before and after, you all will say that I used steroids... hahaha :lol:

GB is really amazing! :)

Rafael David
Awesome Posts!

Find who said this:

To Look & Perform Like a Gymnast,

You Must Train Like a Gymnast.

FORM ALWAYS FOLLOWS FUNCTION.

Do you believe now?! :lol:

I definitely agree on the "performing" part. In my opinion, GB Training is unrivaled in building strength and skill.

Archbishop o balance

Great work, man! :) How has your progress been on the FSPs and FBEs, if you don't mind me asking? Would be interesting to hear. Always great to see people sticking to the plan, keep it up!

Adriano Katkic

I've been progressing rather slowly for the first year and a couple of months. I was doing SSC with the statics, but I was unorganized and doing positions I thought I could handle without building soild 60s or 3X30s prerequisites, so I ended up with elbow tendonitis. I was doing a killroy template then, but platooed after about a year. After recovering from tendonitis (this March), I've been doing statics in SSC, but this time taking it slowly. I've just bulit a solid 3X30 GH and PB low L-sit, along with 3X25 L-hang with all the prerequisites. Testing time in a week! I also started doing wods then and I'm seeing great progress from wod to wod, i.e. I wasnt able to press to shoulder stand for the first 2-3 times I tried ring wods. I am able to do it now; it is sloppy and shaky, but I can do it.

Quick Start Test Smith
I definitely agree on the "performing" part. In my opinion, GB Training is unrivaled in building strength and skill.

When it comes to building the body, I am not so sure. Unfortunately, I am a vain person and care about my physique a lot (too much, that is :? ).

I have no doubt that gymnastic training will build a good amount muscle as well, I am just wondering if classic hypertrophy oriented training wouldn't be a faster road. But then, there a posts like the one in the original Killroy70 post where he describes faster muscle gain compared with weight training....

Right now, I am super insecure about my future training...

Search the forum for "hypertrophy slizzardman" and you'll probably find the information that you need to adjust the focus of the WODs towards the type of hypertrophy that will make you bigger. I have the post in my Google Docs, so I can always refer to it. Let me know if you can't find it.

• 5 months later...

When it comes to building the body, I am not so sure. Unfortunately, I am a vain person and care about my physique a lot (too much, that is :? ).

I have no doubt that gymnastic training will build a good amount muscle as well, I am just wondering if classic hypertrophy oriented training wouldn't be a faster road. But then, there a posts like the one in the original Killroy70 post where he describes faster muscle gain compared with weight training....

Search the forum for "hypertrophy slizzardman" and you'll probably find the information that you need to adjust the focus of the WODs towards the type of hypertrophy that will make you bigger. I have the post in my Google Docs, so I can always refer to it. Let me know if you can't find it.

Patrick - Do link/ share that "specific" information please :) - How to tweak towards Hypertropy? - The search brings up a lot of stuff.

jugglinggymnast
I know, I know, we are all into BtGB cause we want to do stuff, not look good :wink:

Haha, while aesthetics are definitely not the primary reason any of us do gymnastics I still consider them a very important side effect. While I would much rather be an extremely skilled gymnast as opposed to having the best physique, I still enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself aesthetically.

That said, congratulations on the improvements in your physique! Very impressive, almost makes me want to share my progress. I can definitely relate. I think more of my progress aesthetically was due to XFit as I'm still relatively new to gymnastics (6 months in), but I've still seen some great results in the past 6 months. I'm really thin at 6'1" and 150 lbs but whenever I take my shirt off people are like "WTF where did that come from?!" It's a great feeling no doubt about it. Gymnastics has definitely changed my life for the better. Keep up the training!

Philipp Hornung

Patrick - Do link/ share that "specific" information please :) - How to tweak towards Hypertropy? - The search brings up a lot of stuff.

Did you try using Google search? Go to google.com and type into search:

site:gymnasticbodies.com/forum hypertrophy slizzardman

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...