Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastic Bodies Apparel

Michael Traynor

Michael Traynor

I have always loved gymnastics, since I was a child, unfortunately I was never given opportunities to attend a club due to where I live and a number of other factors, barely a day goes by where I don't imagine how proudly I would wear my teams colours at an international competition, or even just down the street to the shop.

Sadly for me this will remain a dream, however the more I train as part of gymnasticbodies.com the more I feel a part of something larger and more unified; a community that spans the globe all focusing on the same goals. The closest thing I have and will come to a gymnastics team.

How proudly I would wear the gymnastics bodies colours, letting all know not only where my allegiance lies but also who is responsible for the incredible things my body is now capable of.

I give you (a proposed concept to see how the community feels about it before wasting Coach's time with the idea if you all think it is massively stupid) Gymnastic Bodies Apparel:

Clothing emblazoned with Gymnastic Bodies designs:

Feel a part of something larger,

Be instantly recognised in airports when you are going to GB seminars,

Advertise what an amazing community we have here simply by wearing your favourite jumper...

I havn't wasted much time doing a full and in depth design (but I am tempted to) but here is a tiny taster of the idea (although my real idea is that a hoodie would be better than t shirts and the final design would probably not resemble this at all) I am a graphic designer so would happily take design ideas and come up with how they would look. Please let me know how you all think about this idea and if support is good I will propose it to coach.

p.s. I am thinking very small scale here a couple of types of top with a couple of available designs, either organised by me ans sold at cost, or the idea taken on by the Coach and he can do anything he likes (although obviously this is less likely as Coach is massively busy)

post-35300-13531537080416_thumb.jpg

Breaks this is fantastic! There actually was a thread about this earlier where Coach gave his rough concept for a shirt.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4369&hilit=t+shirt

I fully second your comments about being part of the community that is forming around GB. I also feel extremely fortunate to have run into this group and would very proudly sport a GB t-shirt!

I wonder if some could be ready for the upcoming seminar?

Excellent! I'm looking forward to what you come up with, your quickie was already nice. The choice of slogans is also perfect.

Michael Traynor

Here is another quick one based on Coach's first idea from previous thread. Again this is a very basic graphic just to give a flavour and to keep printing simple. Let me know what you think.

post-35300-13531537106861_thumb.jpg

Michael Traynor
I'm in complete support of this. Heck, the image (if there is one) could just be a silhouette of the rings across the chest, I'd be cool with that.

This only took 10 mins so I thought I would knock it up as I like the idea:

post-35300-13531537108763_thumb.jpg

Michael Traynor

I think I still would like a hoodie most of all but that's just me, right, must go and do my WOD, let me know what you think, i'm happy to make any designs you come up with or make the ones here more elaborate/better based on your ideas. Although I do work a lot of hours so it may take a wee bit of extra time.

It would be fine to have some elasten in it (80% cotton/20% elasten) and to have a litlle smaller stomach part (I always look as a potato sack in normal shirts :lol: ). Or at least to have 2 types of shirt one would be with a smaller waist-stomach part.

Michael Traynor

Due to lack of interest/response I am shelving this idea for now.

Anyone looking over this topic in future please note that these were/are very provisional designs and if people were willing to communicate ideas/opinions or give the thumbs up to the idea as a whole I would be willing to put in a decent amount of design time to helping GB clothing to become a reality. It's not worth my time in coming up with really detailed designs in light of little communication.

If anyone else in future wants to run with this idea I will be 100% behind it as I would love to have some GB clothing as per my OP.

It would be cool to have , a shirt that you can use while training. Like a body armour. Or one of those jackets, you see gymnasts wear. Practical clothes for training, since this site is about training.

Michael Traynor

I have looked into various T shirt stocks and the Nike armour type material would be fairly expensive but that is certainly still an option, the cotton/lycra blend T shirt that Gregor suggests is actually fairly comparable with normal cotton and would certainly be my preference too, Gymnasts with wide shoulders and small waists do tend to end up looking the sacks of potatoes in normal tees :)

Joshua Naterman

I think the stretch fabric is a great idea, both that and regular t-shirts would be nice. I actually love the designs, especially the rings over the chest.

The IC silhouette is very nice too, good design work!

I think these would sell, I mean I'd certainly love to rock some GB apparel!

Nicholas Sortino

I personally am a fan of the IC on the sleeve one.

Doesn't need to be under armor material, but definitely something with a more athletic cut, or cotton/lycra that has a tighter fit. I prefer cotton to underarmor to work out in when I where a shirt anyway