Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

muscle-up fatigue & form deterioration

User24

I haven't heard of "strict" form until someone brought it to my attention yesterday on this forum. Maybe someone knows of a "strict" form video, but I certainly haven't seen anything resembling strict on youtube even though they "claim" to be "strict". More like "hopping strict".

Anyway the video below is 3 muscle-ups that I performed within the same workout session tonight. As I became more fatigued through the 2nd and 3rd attempts, my legs started to form an L more and more, and my chest started to lean over more and more. Especially on the 3rd one when I was really struggling.

Here's the question: Is it incorrect form to bend your legs like that? I kept trying to keep them straight, or waited for them to drop back down. Maybe it's just easier to not fight it, just do an L-sit and keep continuously pushing?

My first muscle-up was yesterday, two months after I ordered my Xtreme Rings. The strange thing is, I wasn't trying to get muscle-ups anytime soon. Just worked on deep bulgarian dips, and a couple negative reps with feet support per week. When I decided to try "false grip pullups" yesterday, not expecting much, it just happened rather easily.

.wmv, 320x240, 1.6 MB

http://www.underway.us/gymnastic/muscle.wmv

Those are pretty good, especially the 1st and 2nd one. Obviously, you pike your hips more in each with a definite pike in the 3rd one.

In Coach Sommer's perfect MU, the body is straight the entire time. Says so in the book.