Find results in...

My Gymnastic training video

David Picó García

David Picó García

Some training clips i recorded yesterday

1rORlwUsJIQ

Edit: fixed the private issue.

Great video! You're strong :P

only critique is that the cross pulls look wayyy to easy for you, but thats just how it looks so i might be wrong :)

Nic Scheelings

Well Done! Great Video! U have really progressed a long way from your earlier videos which is great to see. I thought the ring strength series was great ur control was really nice.

Are you using false grip for your cross work? It's hard to tell in the video.

The gym ur training at looks awesome.

Keep it up!

David Picó García
but thats just how it looks so i might be wrong

Yes, you are wrong :P . Well i put the band at a easy setting for the video (you can see that there is a rest of the band not used) so it could be more loosen so it would be more difficult. Anyway as it seems at the video a bit bouncing, at top of the rings it doesn't feel so exagerated. The slow portion is really easy, the difficult part is to go from the cross position to support. This assisted method, as opposed to others, doesn't take off load from elbows so i have to aproach slowly. What i feel this method is wrong is that i really don't train the descent, which is the first part of the cross. I could just use less bands (here there are three bands that probably takes off half of my bodyweight), and train just the descent part.

I don't use false grip for cross because i have to catch the bands so i can't move the hands in to that position.

I thought the ring strength series was great ur control was really nice.

Thanks, i thought so when i was on rings but when i saw the video all holds seemed very quick as opposed to the sensation at top of the rings (relativity of time i suppose :D ). That was my second try, at the first one i felt like van gelder, but my crappy app for recording (cycorder for 1st generation iphone) hanged and didn't record it, so the second one i was a bit tired.

Richard Duelley

Very good! Loved everything and the editing, I never really got the whole spotting crosses with a band thing until now.

Happy Training

Joshua Naterman

Awesome video! That looks amazing. Your muscleup impressed me the most, I can't do that kipping, much less how you did! I wish I had a gym like that around here :)

Guest Ido Portal

Serototnin,

very nice video. Quality of movement is one trait rare in many videos I have seen of gymnastics enthusiasts. (As opposed to gymnasts) Yours shows attention to detail.

The gym set up is funny... Which gym is that? From one side upside ladder, rings and stall bars - old school tools, and from the other trademills, machines and other 'modern' equipment.

Keep posting videos, it is a good habit, since it makes you much more aware of quality of movement - the missing piece in most trainee's work.

Ido.

David Picó García

Thanks,

the gym is probably the oldest one from my city (almost 50 years old), so those rings are probably older than me. Sometime ago it also had a climber wall , and also has a tatami for judo. They keep introducing new tools (spining) and also bodybuilding stuff, but keep old fashioned tools that are still in use by people specially who trains for fireman or policeman entrance tests. In fact ropes and rope are used a lot. Rings is other story as very few people know how to muscle up.

I find recording very important as you can see the form otherwise is impossible. For example the back lever of the video it looked great to me as i performed for quite a long time but when i saw the video i saw it was as a cost of good form. Also is a point of comparison for track the progress.

Gregor, do you mean is more important to train the descent of cross right?

Thanks,

the gym is probably the oldest one from my city (almost 50 years old), so those rings are probably older than me. Sometime ago it also had a climber wall , and also has a tatami for judo. They keep introducing new tools (spining) and also bodybuilding stuff, but keep old fashioned tools that are still in use by people specially who trains for fireman or policeman entrance tests. In fact ropes and rope are used a lot. Rings is other story as very few people know how to muscle up.

I find recording very important as you can see the form otherwise is impossible. For example the back lever of the video it looked great to me as i performed for quite a long time but when i saw the video i saw it was as a cost of good form. Also is a point of comparison for track the progress.

Gregor, do you mean is more important to train the descent of cross right?

Yes, don't neglect either, but descent is more important to train.

Coach Sommer

Nice work and great improvement! It is great to see your hard work and perseverance paying such strength dividends.

A few points to consider:

1) On the kip to support your arms are slow to reach full extension. Ideally your arms should already be completely straight by the time your arrive in support.

2) In addition to your cross pull work, it is also important to spend more static hold time in the cross position. Adjust the assistance from the bands as necessary to allow this to happen. This should be done separately from your cross pull work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

David Picó García

Thanks Coach. In fact if we consider that it took me two months to reach over the rings with my first muscle up, yes there is a lot of improvment!!!

Thank you for your tips, i know my kip to support is not very good, but at this point i can't do it with straigth arms. I'll work on that.

Coach Sommer
... Thank you for your tips, i know my kip to support is not very good ...

Actually your kip is progressing nicely. I simply mentioned it so that you are aware that an even higher level of execution is possible. Your arms will continue to straighten at the completion of the kip as your triceps strength improves. In fact, a series of kips to support (5-10 reps) is an excellent triceps workout in itself 8).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

The video is edited really really nice, and like others said you possess a quite nice level of skill :) maybe someday I'll gather up the courage and post something myself for evaluation.

And the gym also looks very encouragingly

Nick Van Bockxmeer

great video. Strength series was fantastic!

who was the guy who stood in front of the camera half way through doing dislocates :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
David Picó García

imovie 09, is really, really easy to do it with it (of course it's on a mac, no hangs of course :wink: )

• 3 months later...

Very nicely done :D! Congratulations on your progress. What an outstanding example of what is possible with consistent practice and patience.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer