Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Excellent One Arm Chin-ups

Coach Sommer

I have seen no carry over from oac training (I do negatives, and can pull half way up) to my front lever training. However it is a skill that I always wanted to have so it is in my training now and as a result less front lever work.

Actually, now that I think of it OAC might have some good application towards working...

THE ELEVATOR! (aka inverted muscle up to handstand)

It's a D skill too.. so possibly worth working? :P Plus, it just looks cool since I haven't seen any elites do it at least at the world level.

Illustration from John Gill's page (middle of the page):

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/RingMount1.jpg

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Climbing& ... cs2.0.html

---------------------------------------

Alexk.. that's pretty odd.. although I don't suppose you do much straight arm work if that's the case? Most of the people I know have had very good carryover from all of the "pulling" skills -- OAC, cross, front lever, back lever

David Picó García

This is a cool video of evolution of rings skills, you can see the elevator about sec 30 of the vid.

This is a cool video of evolution of rings skills, you can see the elevator about sec 30 of the vid.

No, that's closer to quick backward roll -> shoulder stand -> handstand or peach to handstand. Both moves which are significantly easier.

Elevator is supposed to be one smooth move -- hang pull to inverted hang (maybe slightly bent arms?) then inverted muscle up to shoulder stand to handstand. No momentum as John Gill says on his page..

• 5 years later...

can anybody help me??

i can do (3-4) consecutive OACU on my right arm but only negative reps on my left arm. i should  do training OACU with FRONT LEVER ROW my current ability in that : adv.tuck front lever row 8reps

so, can should i training both at the same time or not?

thank you