Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Arrival Sale Essential Facts Thread

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Pre-Arrival Sale Essential Facts Thread

The response to the Pre-Arrival Sale has been almost unbelievable with literally hundreds and hundreds of emails and posts. While quite exciting, the number of various threads also makes it difficult for the new visitor to easily find basic information on my new forthcoming book. This thread will pull all of the essential information into one convenient location.

Thank you for your tremendous support. It is very much appreciated.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Book Cover Preview!!!

The wait is nearly over! The most eagerly awaited Gymnastic Strength Training™ book in the world is now available for Pre-Order. Below is a special preview of the book's cover.

Book%20Cover%20-%20extra%20large.jpg

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Building the Gymnastic Body Table of Contents

INTRODUCTION I

CHAPTER ONE

Gymnastics as Conditioning 3

CHAPTER TWO

General Information

Tools of the Trade 9

Basic Gymnastics Terminology 11

The Selection of These Exercises 15

Handstands & Press Handstands 16

CHAPTER THREE

Basic Strength 21

CHAPTER FOUR

Fundamental Static Positions 25

L-sit 26

Straddle L 30

Manna 35

Back Lever 41

Front Lever 45

Planche 49

CHAPTER FIVE

Upper Body Pressing

Fundamental Bodyweight Exercises 59

Push-up Variations 61

Dip Variations 68

HSPU Variations 76

Multi-plane Pressing Variations 83

CHAPTER SIX

Upper Body Pulling

Row Variations 91

Pull-up Variations 96

Curl Variations 103

Multi-plane Pulling Variations 106

CHAPTER SEVEN

Combined Pull/Press

Muscle-up Variations 113

Other CPP Variations 118

CHAPTER EIGHT

Core

V-up Variations 123

HLL Variations 127

Lower Back Variations 132

Oblique Variations 138

Straight Body Variations 144

CHAPTER NINE

Legs 155

Deck Squat Variations 156

Single Leg Squat Variations 159

Hamstring Variations 165

CHAPTER TEN

Program Design Options

Static Strength Training 171

Basic Strength Training 175

Integrated Training 178

Managing Intensity 179

Group Training 182

APPENDIX A

Tips for Increasing Pull-ups 185

APPENDIX B

Static Strength Only Training Results 186

APPENDIX C

120 Muscle-ups in 15 minutes 187

Index 189

A Special Thanks 194

Coach Sommer

Progressions, Progressions, Progressions

Building the Gymnastic Body is designed to accomodate all levels of physical development; from the rawest, weakest beginner to the advanced bodyweight trainee. As such each of the families of movements (i.e. dip variations or HSPU variations etc) are carefully arranged according to the difficulty of the exercises. The movements are rated by difficulty on a .5 - 5 system; with .5 being the very easiest variation all the way up to a 5 which would be the most demanding. All exercises are taught and presented in a deliberate progressive manner. Strength is then built by systematically advancing through the variations of that particular movement family.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Building%20the%20Gymnastic%20Body.jpg

Originally I had planned on making a first run of only hundred copies or so of Building the Gymnastic Body. I was personally pleased with the book, it is truly unique and unlike anything else available anywhere in the world, but I expected only a mild level of interest in its release. However within only a few days of my posting that the book would shortly be available, literally an avalanche of people expressed an interest. Due to such a tremendous response by literally thousands of people in obtaining a copy of Building the Gymnastic Body, it will be necessary to adhere to and understand a few guidelines and rules during this Pre-Arrival Sale to ensure that everyone who would like to be guaranteed a copy gets one.

1) The Pre-Arrival Sale will begin on Monday, September 22.

2) Please note that ONLY those who Pre-Order will be guaranteed a copy of this first run of Building the Gymnastic Body. All others who order later after the completion of the Pre-Arrival Sale will be served on a first come, first serve basis for any stock that may be remaining after all of the Pre-Arrival Orders have been fulfilled.

3) Please note that once the Pre-Arrival Sale ends, there will be no new orders accepted until all of the Pre-Arrival Sale orders have been sent out later in October.

4) Once your Pre-Arrival Sale order is received, you will be placed in a queue and then, once the books arrive, all orders will be processed and shipped in the order in which they were received.

5) This is very important; all orders will be shipped in their entirety once the first shipment of books arrives. Individual parts of an order will not be shipped separately.

6) The only exception to this rule is the Xtreme Rings. If you would like to receive your Xtreme Rings immediately, then make sure to purchase them IN A SEPARATE transaction. This means that you will need to place an order for the rings, check out and then place another order for the book, DVDs or the package you have selected.

Xtreme%20on%20Ebay.jpg

7) The current sale price of $55 on the Xtreme Rings will continue until the first shipment of books arrives sometime during the week of October 20th. At that time the price of the Xtreme Rings as an individual item will increase, however they will still be available for $55 when purchased as part of the various packages.

8 ) The arrival of the first shipment of Building the Gymnastic Body is currently estimated to be sometime during the week of October 20th. Please note that this arrival date is an approximation and subject to change due to influences beyond my direct control (printer, shipping company etc.).

9) As you browse the online store, note that the package deals allow you to save tremendously if you are considering purchasing multiple products.

Pkg%202%20-%20rings,%20book,%205%20DVDs.jpgPkg%206%20-%20book,%205%20DVDs.jpg

10) All orders will be shipped out by USPS Priority Mail.

11) If prior to your order shipping out, you change your mind about your purchase, simply let me know and I will refund your purchase price in full. Be aware however, that once your order ships out there are no refunds.

Click here to go to the online store and reserve your copy today of Building the Gymnastic Body.

The response to the upcoming release of Building the Gymnastics Body has been staggering to say the least and far beyond anything that I had even remotely expected. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone for their tremendous support and enthusiasm during the time it took to complete this project. Also thank you to all of the many forum members and moderators who have made Gymnastic Bodies such a vibrant and thriving community.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

P.S. I will begin posting the GB WODS on the main page once I have fulfilled the Pre-Arrival Sale orders.

Coach Sommer

The Companion DVDs

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words; and in the case of a video this applies even more so. It became clear in the very early stages of this project that it would be quite helpful to provide actual video demonstrations in addition to the many thousands of words of descriptions and the nearly 600 photographs already present within the book; especially for those readers who did not already have a gymnastics background. As a consequence of this revelation, the idea of the Building the Gymnastic Body Companion DVDs was born.

There are five Companion DVDs available. They, like the book, are broken into the five main areas of basic strength concentration; static, pressing, pulling, core and legs. On them, well-trained accomplished athletes that I have personally developed demonstrate all of the 189 exercises contained within this volume in crystal clear detail. Please note that there are no descriptions, explanations or theory discussed on the Companion DVDs; for that aspect of my program the book itself is essential. The book, Building the Gymnastic Body, and the Companion DVDs have been designed to work together to provide the clearest possible tutorial for building basic strength as defined by the Gymnastic Bodies program.

A wealth of gymnastics knowledge is literally available at your fingertips:

The Static DVD demonstrates 35 exercises

The Pressing DVD demonstrates 43 exercises

The Pulling DVD demonstrates 41 exercises

The Core DVD demonstrates 47 exercises

The Legs DVD demonstrates 23 exercises

5%20DVD%20Companion%20Set.jpg

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer