Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche lean & adv tucked Planche form check; Tiger Bend problem

tropical95

Hey guys, another form check request, has been a while since the last time and I just want to make sure I am progressing right. But first thank you guys, I feel rather on a bridge to Planche than on a road, and you guys definitely are the pillars who support and guard this bridge! <3

So first the Planche Lean; max lean for 30s; well protracted, depressed and nicely hollow I hope; trying to keep the head not too far down:

/watch?v=9tqRM-VfpYA

Second the adv tucked Planche; protracted, depressed and nicely hollow I hope; trying not to arch the back; ignore the bad form for the last couple of seconds pls

BTW does anyone else know the feeling of sqeezing so hard that you feel a little awkward in your esophagus/gullet (don't know which one fits better in the context) as if you were squeezing some acid out of your stomach?

/watch?v=SnjE840HDRg

And some advice pls to overcome this dead spot in the tiger bend...What do I need to train to get up again?

/watch?v=Nmq-8jaDXZI

Thank you guys...again!!!

Alessandro Mainente

The adv tuck is no longer the best variation to use in a planche progression. other variations and more correct progression are available on F series. the lean is fine, but the ass must be lowered down.

Mikkel Ravn

About the tiger bends, you just need to work on getting solid handstand pushups with no arch, for multiple reps.

• Upvote 1

Toni Laukkavaara

The adv tuck is no longer the best variation to use in a planche progression. other variations and more correct progression are available on F series. the lean is fine, but the ass must be lowered down.

What is then? and please dont say that i need to purchase the f series <.< lol

Edited by korija

Alessandro Mainente

I think that Coach could be in disagreement with me if i share Courses material. this is not my forum, so i respect the policies of others.

Thank you alex87 and Ravn. Alex87 is there any way to ask Coach whether it is okay for you to post it? Or could you at least say which new F contains the better progressions?

Edited by tropical95
  • Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

Adv. tuck planche is still a good way to progress, there is just something better out there, for better money. Just continue what you are doing, unless/until it is being told to you what is the better way.

• Upvote 2

Adv. tuck planche is still a good way to progress, there is just something better out there, for better money. Just continue what you are doing, unless/until it is being told to you what is the better way.

Well, his advanced tuck isn't correct, so if he fixed it, he'd be on his way to straddle planche. I can only hold a proper advanced tuck for 10-12 seconds, but that has given me the strength to do a 3-4 sec straddle planche.

Hips should be level with your shoulders, and your legs should be open 90 degrees.

• Upvote 1

A little update, got my ass down on the leans now, figured out that the angle in my shoulder axis was wrong.

post-12002-0-91530100-1403358051_thumb.j

I also tried to fix the problem with the adv tuck. Should be parallel to the ground now, with legs 90° open. Question: Do I have to keep both angles at 90° or just the first?

post-12002-0-60991400-1403358090_thumb.j

I hope the new forms are better.
And @Cody, with the new form max. hold time went down to 7-10 seconds; I see what you did there  :D

Thx

Edited by tropical95

Alessandro Mainente

Leans are fine. on adv tuck you lack of protraction.

• Upvote 1

Your advise to achieve the missing protraction? And some tips for analysis would be nice, what do you look at to tell if I have enough protraction? And did I was my protraction good enough before I got parallel to the ground? 

Alessandro Mainente

the medium/upper back must be rounded, you need to think to push yourself all the time.

• Upvote 1

Okay right now I am real confused, I just tried some things and I am not quite sure how to have a rounded upper back with a flat lower back while being parallel to the ground and keeping my legs 90° open... I made a a few pictures pls tell me what would be the right form or what I would have to change. Or hand me a picture of a perfect adv tucked planche please. Or maybe its the wong perspective, tell me if you could judge better from another one.

1: I would say my shoulders are really protracted, but my back is not that round because I am not horizontally so it is not forced to be round.

post-12002-0-26051800-1403445530_thumb.j

2: Horizontal, with flat back, but I dont know if : 1. I am protracted and round enough? Or,
                                                                         2. I am not protracted and round enough? Or,

3. I am protracted enough but the perspective is bad to judge?

post-12002-0-49291100-1403445576_thumb.j

3: Horizontal with hips at shoulder level, protracted with round upper back, but round lower back, too...

post-12002-0-78351000-1403445582_thumb.j

this is a real mindfuck to me right now haha  :facepalm::huh: 

• Upvote 1

3rd picture is pretty much almost perfect.

I believe Yaad posted a picture of his adv tuck on here. There's no other pictures of a good adv tuck on the internet that I know of.

• Upvote 3