Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche lean form and questions

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I started to work intensively on planche lean. In the video you can see how I perform this exercise.

What about my form?

I'm trying to lean forward as much as I can. That means till I start to feel my wrists and shoulders very stressed!!

With this form I can hold the position for 5 sets of 6 secs.

I wonder if firstly I have to lower my leaning and accumulate more time of holding, and then with practice leaning more and more forward! Or is it better to focus on leaning as forward as I can just from now, and hold the position, even this implies much less time holding?

Thank you!

TRIM_20141216_093553.mp4

It's difficult to see if you're fully protracted due to your shirt, but apparently your scaps looks good, squeeze your glutes and legs if you're actually not doing it, I'm not sure, always keep your PPT. About the lean, 6 sec is the minimum hold recommended but reduce the lean a little bit and try to hit a solid position for that 6 second.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Ok, I posted a pic without a shirt!

I realized that at my max leaning my back is is not so much rounded, but I guess it is normal!

And how could you see if I'm protracting properly my scapula, simply watching the pic?

Thank you!

post-10847-0-94764200-1418823545_thumb.p

Well, I think when someone is fully protracted you could see a lat activation and nothing sticking out of the back. Mostly when I'm fully protracted I feel my lat activation. To me your degrees of protraction and depression are good, lets see what the others think about it.

PD: You're leaning more than me.

Scaps_zpsf43178f3.jpg

Edited by chuchodani
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Well, I think when someone is fully protracted you could see a lat activation and nothing sticking out of the back. Mostly when I'm fully protracted I feel my lat activation. To me your degrees of protraction and depression looks good, lets see what the others think about it.

Scaps_zpsf43178f3.jpg

Thanks for your reply! I'm not at all expert. As I saw your pic I would say that your back is more rounded than mine! Maybe the more you protract your scapula, the more the back is rounded? I've never understood this! Compared to your pic my back is straighter, doesn't it? Is it something that I have to fix?

Ivan Pavlovic

In video you are leaning to much and after 2 sec you lost protraction, in picture you should protract a little bit more. Hold position only where you can maintain full protraction.

Scaps_zpsf43178f3.jpg

One of best hollow body positions i have ever seen in pl leans, nice. :)

Edited by Paf
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

In video you are leaning to much and after 2 sec you lost protraction, in picture you should protract a little bit more. Hold position only where you can maintain full protraction.

One of best hollow body positions i have ever seen in pl leans, nice. :)

Thank you Paf! I'll try to fix my form as soon as possible! [emoji6]
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Thank you Paf! I'll try to fix my form as soon as possible! [emoji6]

Well, I think when someone is fully protracted you could see a lat activation and nothing sticking out of the back. Mostly when I'm fully protracted I feel my lat activation. To me your degrees of protraction and depression are good, lets see what the others think about it.

Today I tried to fix my form!

I lean less then before, but maybe my protraction is better!

What do you think? Thank you guys!

post-10847-0-05034100-1419103589_thumb.p

• Upvote 1