Hip hike

Started by Dustin Gardiner, June 21, 2022 · 6 Replies · 2,823 Views

Dustin Gardiner

Just curious if there's any particular GymFit programs or routines that could help me with my hip hike.  I found out my hips are uneven, my left hip is hiking up higher than my right hip.  

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Dustin Gardiner said:

Just curious if there's any particular GymFit programs or routines that could help me with my hip hike.  I found out my hips are uneven, my left hip is hiking up higher than my right hip.  

Hi Dusting what do you mean with hiking?

Dustin Gardiner
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Dusting what do you mean with hiking?

My hips are uneven.  I have an imbalance that is making the left side of my hip sit higher than my right side.  Might be a PSOAS muscle or QL muscle issue tightness issue.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Dustin Gardiner said:

My hips are uneven.  I have an imbalance that is making the left side of my hip sit higher than my right side.  Might be a PSOAS muscle or QL muscle issue tightness issue.

It is difficult to say, usually it is sue to weka middle and little glute.

Bill Marr

Could be a difference in leg length. Most humans aren't totally symmetrical. In my case, my left femur is a bit longer than my right, causing me hip pain from years of running and football (soccer). I started chiropractic again a couple of years ago. It's been hugely beneficial for my hips, along with GST and hip hinges and the middle and front split courses. I can run for miles now without any discomfort...when a few years ago, a kilometer into a run and I'd have to stop.

Dustin Gardiner
1 hour ago, Bill Marr said:

Could be a difference in leg length. Most humans aren't totally symmetrical. In my case, my left femur is a bit longer than my right, causing me hip pain from years of running and football (soccer). I started chiropractic again a couple of years ago. It's been hugely beneficial for my hips, along with GST and hip hinges and the middle and front split courses. I can run for miles now without any discomfort...when a few years ago, a kilometer into a run and I'd have to stop.

Ok, makes sense.  I'll give the hip hinges and the split courses a go and see how that goes.  What is GST?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Dustin Gardiner said:

Ok, makes sense.  I'll give the hip hinges and the split courses a go and see how that goes.  What is GST?

Gymnastic Strength Training.