Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parallel bars advice

Barry Thorn

Barry Thorn

Hello 

Are there any recommended brands for parallel bar exercises required in Foundation 2 (particularly for the variants on single bar like Korean dips)?  Not sure what to look for.  Most home training equipment doesn't look like it's able to support weight for single bar variations and the professional equipment is very expensive.

Thanks

Lavonne Schiller

Forum is dead mate...

goodluck getting an answer

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/1/2024 at 11:45 AM, Barry Thorn said:

Hello 

Are there any recommended brands for parallel bar exercises required in Foundation 2 (particularly for the variants on single bar like Korean dips)?  Not sure what to look for.  Most home training equipment doesn't look like it's able to support weight for single bar variations and the professional equipment is very expensive.

Thanks

Are you searching for soemthing that self support itself? Do not know if there is somethimg available…Maybe a door frame bar that you fix With pressure?

Bill Marr

@Lavonne SchillerI'm on this site almost every day. Alessandro is always available with excellent input and coaching.

• Like 1

Nick Murray
On 6/1/2024 at 7:45 PM, Barry Thorn said:

For most of the dip work, the portable "dip bar" equipment is ok if you use it on a non-slip surface, and you are aware of the balance issues. Korean dips, on the other hand, need equipment that is very heavy, or bolted into the floor. Is there a playground near you that has a single bar at the required height?

Allesandro posted about these bars in another thread. 

You can also use a safety rail in a power rack at a gym, though you might need to put some weight on the rack if it is not bolted down. Here's an example. It's a basic rack, sometimes called a "power cage". I have something similar and have done Korean dips on it, but only with an additional 100kg of weight sitting on the rack.

Power rack with safety rails

Barry Thorn

Hi all - thanks for the input.  That's helpful.

I'm languishing on pressups at the moment (still astonished that reaching 5 x 15 with good form is so damn hard).  

However I have an eye specifically on the Korean dips and wondered if there were any home kits people were aware of.  I can beg a friend for use of their power cage, so good shout on that.

Thanks!

Matthew Walker
On 6/1/2024 at 5:45 AM, Barry Thorn said:

Hello 

Thanks

Check out baseblocks. They have some equipment that may work, specifically this one.https://www.baseblocks.fit/products/b-bars-pro

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Walker
On 6/22/2024 at 6:08 AM, Barry Thorn said:

Oh wow.   They look spot on.  Thanks!

If you end up getting them and remember let me know how they are. I was contemplating grabbing those. I have their smaller dip bars and their handstand canes and they've been great over the last few years.