Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hypertrophy and long muscle lenght training

Victor A MOUCLIER

Victor A MOUCLIER

Currently there is a "new" hype about long muscle lenght training as it supposedly produce more hypertrophy than short muscle lenght training.
Some trainers even say that the portion of the movement where the muscle is lenghtened is the only range of motion than matters in order to produce an hypertrophy response.

Before this hype i read than the muscle gets a better hypertrophy stimulus when is it neither excessively shorten or execessively lenghtened, but somewhere in the middle.

So, to get the most hypertrophy, should we include exercices that involve peak force at medium muscle lenght  ? (ex : Top half push ups for the front delts)
Or at the longest muscle lenght reachable ? (ex : Dips for the front delts) 

I would like to know the opinion of the forum about this

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Victor A MOUCLIER said:

Currently there is a "new" hype about long muscle lenght training as it supposedly produce more hypertrophy than short muscle lenght training.
Some trainers even say that the portion of the movement where the muscle is lenghtened is the only range of motion than matters in order to produce an hypertrophy response.

Before this hype i read than the muscle gets a better hypertrophy stimulus when is it neither excessively shorten or execessively lenghtened, but somewhere in the middle.

So, to get the most hypertrophy, should we include exercices that involve peak force at medium muscle lenght  ? (ex : Top half push ups for the front delts)
Or at the longest muscle lenght reachable ? (ex : Dips for the front delts) 

I would like to know the opinion of the forum about this

The real problem in the 2024, is that programming, execution and proximity to failure are much more important than range of motion . of course i consider partial range of motion not the case of discussion.