Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Organizing my daily training

ana leonor oliveira

ana leonor oliveira

Hi,

I have just began on the Intermediate 1 and I am having a lot of fun.  The exercises are interesting and challenging! 

However, I am taking nearly 2 hours to train (watching the videos and tips), to get it right. 

Also, I do strength training 5 times a week (2 times upper body, 3 times lower body), which takes another hour.

So, my questions are:

1 – how long do people tend to practice GST per day using the platform?  I am wondering if I am taking that long because I am in the beginning?

2 – is it ok to combine strength training and GST everyday? Or my body might be overwhelmed?  Does the strength work can jeopardize the GST?

Thanks!

ana leonor oliveira

(by strength training I mean leg press, dead lift, leg abductor and adutor, leg extension, leg curl, chest press, shoulder press...)

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/6/2024 at 3:49 PM, ana leonor oliveira said:

Hi,

I have just began on the Intermediate 1 and I am having a lot of fun.  The exercises are interesting and challenging! 

However, I am taking nearly 2 hours to train (watching the videos and tips), to get it right. 

Also, I do strength training 5 times a week (2 times upper body, 3 times lower body), which takes another hour.

So, my questions are:

1 – how long do people tend to practice GST per day using the platform?  I am wondering if I am taking that long because I am in the beginning?

2 – is it ok to combine strength training and GST everyday? Or my body might be overwhelmed?  Does the strength work can jeopardize the GST?

Thanks!

Hey Ana, probably yes, when one get comfortable with exercises it needs lees time to spend around videos.

Also yes it is possibile BUT it depends on what you do on the strenght training session, primary because what is counting is the total volume work on a muscle. there will be a point whre you must make a choice.

• Thanks 1

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/6/2024 at 4:25 PM, ana leonor oliveira said:

(by strength training I mean leg press, dead lift, leg abductor and adutor, leg extension, leg curl, chest press, shoulder press...)

again....it depends on the total volume, also pay attention that strenght training refers primarily on a strategy where you train on a specific rep range like 5-10 for a beginner and 1-5 for intermediate and avanced AND you train with buffer, no exaustion...so if you are doing a strength program that reflects this parameters then it can negatively influence GST 8in the long term) and viceversa.

• Thanks 1

Felix Giguere Villegas
On 7/8/2024 at 4:31 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

again....it depends on the total volume, also pay attention that strenght training refers primarily on a strategy where you train on a specific rep range like 5-10 for a beginner and 1-5 for intermediate and avanced AND you train with buffer, no exaustion...so if you are doing a strength program that reflects this parameters then it can negatively influence GST 8in the long term) and viceversa.

Why would strength training negatively influence GST? Given that strength training should have low rep range / low volume, wouldn’t that leave more in the tank for GST? Whereas bodybuilding which would be higher volume might leave the person more depleted?

I am in a similar situation as the OP and wondering about what the right frequency of training might be. I seem to recall coach Sommer saying in a podcast that connective tissue took much longer (3x longer?) than muscle to repair so that training the same thing many times per week would not accelerate the adaptation. But in the auto-generated workouts I’ve gotten crab walk 3 out of 3 times in my first 3 days on the program (most other modules were different across days, however). I wonder if the program takes into account frequency/rest, or if it needs a little bit of checking and tweaking?

Thanks in advance for sharing whatever insights you may have!

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Felix Giguere Villegas said:

Why would strength training negatively influence GST? Given that strength training should have low rep range / low volume, wouldn’t that leave more in the tank for GST? Whereas bodybuilding which would be higher volume might leave the person more depleted?

I am in a similar situation as the OP and wondering about what the right frequency of training might be. I seem to recall coach Sommer saying in a podcast that connective tissue took much longer (3x longer?) than muscle to repair so that training the same thing many times per week would not accelerate the adaptation. But in the auto-generated workouts I’ve gotten crab walk 3 out of 3 times in my first 3 days on the program (most other modules were different across days, however). I wonder if the program takes into account frequency/rest, or if it needs a little bit of checking and tweaking?

Thanks in advance for sharing whatever insights you may have!

sorry can I ask you where you heard this : "given that strength training should have low rep range / low volume"?

strength training requires a minimum af volume in order to be effective or maintain..the less you do the less you produce alteration the more you lose adaptations and less the gains.

reps ranges are defined by goals: maximal strength? special strength (like power) or endurance? relative strength? absolute strength?

volume are defined by its relationship to intensity.

so it is not correct to say that low volume and low rep range are enough......they influence each other.